SPAGHETTI STYLE RICE WITH SPINACH and GREEN SALAD WITH ARTICHOKE AND TARRAGON
SPAGHETTI STYLE RICE WITH SPINACH - serves 4
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups clean spaghetti sauce (purchased or see recipes above)
- 1 cup frozen spinach (or 3 cups fresh)
- parmesan cheese (for garnish - optional)
Pour all ingredients into a pot and stir constantly until warmed through. (About 5-10 minutes).
You can also microwave this for about 2-4 minutes, give or take. Just be sure to mix it all really well before putting it in the microwave.
GREEN SASLAD WITH ARTICHOKE AND TARRAGON
For the vinaigrette
- 1-1/2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 large shallot, minced (to yield 3 Tbs.)
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 4-1/2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp. minced fresh tarragon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 4 large whole artichoke bottoms - canned
- 2 heads butter lettuce, such as Bibb or Boston (about 6 oz. each), tough outer leaves removed, pale inner leaves washed and dried
Make the vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, shallot, and mustard and then gradually whisk in the olive oil to create an emulsion. Add the tarragon; season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until serving time.
Make the salad:
- Tear the lettuce into bite-size pieces. Halve each artichoke bottom and cut each half into 5 or 6 wedges. Put the artichoke wedges in a salad bowl and add 2 Tbs. of the vinaigrette; toss to coat. Add the lettuce and the remaining dressing and toss gently. Arrange the salad on six plates and garnish with the egg wedges. Serve immediately.